Font size and font style help reach the right customers and build their interest in your brand. However, due to many options on the internet, choosing the right font size, especially the one which matches your brand, can be overwhelming.
By the end of this article, you will understand how to choose the right font, which will help you boost your brand and increase brand value to the next level.
As the name suggests, these types of fonts have ended on their letterforms. They are mainly used to invoke feelings of integrity, tradition, history, and honesty. There are different types of serif fonts, including;
- Old style
- Slab Serif
These fonts do not have serifs on end, and they are considered the most modern form of fonts which are also minimalistic. As a result, they have a cleaner appearance and are considered to be more orderly when compared to other fonts. Different types include:
How to choose the right font
Since there are different types of fonts, it is essential to know how to scrutinize and choose the right font type that fits your brand identity.
- Understanding the identity: It is essential to understand the brand’s identity before choosing the right font, which is vital in communicating the brand’s tone to the audience. For instance, if your business is educational or authoritative, you should choose the transitional serif typeface. But script font is the best option for quirky and whimsical.
- Note of your favorite tones: If you’re choosing the brand’s tone first, note the typeface and the impression of the different letting styles. It is also essential to know the level of modernism of the brand’s typeface.
- Researching the topography: Studying the anatomy of the letterforms helps distinguish between the different types of fonts, their shapes, and how they can invoke particular feelings in a reader. This information will help you in making the final choice for your font.
- Topographic hierarchy: This refers to how the letterforms can be displayed in the viewer’s eye in the most effective way. For instance, if you wish to select from multiple fonts, it is best to put everything together to know how they look together to the viewer’s eye.
- Asking for feedback: Since you’re selecting fonts for your brand, it is essential for you to ask for an opinion from the prospective audience for their honest opinion before you launch your brand design. Taking notes and opinions from others is the best way to know what the font looks like to the viewer’s eye.